1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

    Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

    Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

    Dismiss Notice

Newcomer - Questions about teaching abroad at International schools

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by cmalcayu, Oct 29, 2018.

  1. grdwdgrrrl

    grdwdgrrrl Occasional commenter

  2. Ne11y

    Ne11y Occasional commenter

    It depends where you're going. Where I am (not Asia), visa requirements would mean that without a teaching degree, as a foreigner they couldn't hire him to teach. The quickest route would be EAL teaching, where you can get the CELTA in a month (full time course) or within a year (evening course).

    Having said that, if they were desperate to fill a spot, they might make his qualifications work, especially to fill a maths or science position. But it's not a guarantee.

    Have you started applications? This thread is over a year old now...

Share This Page