1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New **********?

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by blondeintellect, Feb 9, 2010.

1. With the recent news about the creator of ********** and many teachers being left without a all of the resources which were fantastic. Its such a shame though I totally agree in not using them as it just wouldn't sit well when you see them around your classroom. I am a third year primary trainee and my partner often makes my classroom resources for me because he is clever like that and the idea came to me this morning to share such resources at this time when SB ones are being scrapped - would anyone want this?

They are similar to those at Sparkle Box as I showed him those when he started making them for me. Here is an example ttopic word card for when I did electricity and not he is trying out making games for my final teaching practice, yay!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/Rawrer/torch.jpg

My question is, would you like a new website like ********** so we could put such resources up and build it up over a bit and if so what were your favourite parts of Sparkle Box and what would you like more of?

I am in year one for my final teaching practice so it will focus around EYFS and KS1.I loved ********** so I am thankful my boyfriend can make resources for me to share.

2. inky

inky Lead commenter

There'll be stiff competition since there were already many online resources available before the collapse of SB.

3. There's always a place for more teaching resource websites!
    I shouldn't try to emulate ********** though. I think it still leaves a bit of an aftertaste in the mouth IMO. There are loads of sites around so if you want to make a go of it, see what some of their best things are. I LOVE Mrs Pancake but there's not much on there!
    For me, there's not enough cool French resources online. Some more of those would be good. As would anything on Chinese New Year, Harvest and other festivals.
    Good luck!

4. I am not really bothered about anything like that. I will be an NQT next year and my boyfriend enjoys making my resources for me so will be making me loads then. Just thought it would be a good idea to share and if I do, might as well do it well! As long as a few people enjoy using them as I do I would consider putting them on a website well worth it :) Haven't got time to try and make a living from this as well as trying to finish my training, university assume I am wonder woman already :p

5. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y191/Rawrer/bulb.jpg

Heres the matching bulb one also for anyone who wants it/wants to see it.

6. inky

inky Lead commenter

Maybe your thread title was a little, er, ill-considered. [​IMG]

7. Wigwamshoebox - thank you :) & that website is great, def going on my list!!

Upon reflection, you're def right - I shouldn't rush making posts! :)

8. inky

inky Lead commenter

The only things you're guilty of are enthusiasm and energy.
    Hate to have been such a wet banket.
    x
    and all the best to your household slave [​IMG]

9. I think that it is a great idea and I'm interested in anything for early years. I run a pre-school and don't have time, energy or the know how to make these sorts of resources. I've printed out the torch as it's just the right size to fit on a tray. So thanks very much and good luck.

10. Hi can you put a better link for this I would like to have a look thanks

11. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

I personally would love your resources as they look great and anything that saves us time is fab!!

12. The resources you have shared so far are fab, I would certainly appreciate more of these in the future!

13. hi helskie link does not work for me how did you find it?

14. helskie26

helskie26 New commenter

15. hi
    i loved, really loved **********. if you are producing resources along that vein i am very intersted. pls send me a link to your resources.
    thank a mil
    gillian
    gillnap@hotmail.co.uk

16. I'm very interested as I also loved ********** - saved so much time and it had the Sassoon Infant font which I can't get! Work computer is blocking your link but I will try it at home. Anything that will save me time would be fab - spent many hours this weekend making pirate clothes numbers and alphabet which would have been a hundred times quicker from **********!
    Thanks!

PS anybody now the best way to get the Sassoon Infant font, if I'm going to buy it for my own use then hopefully it won't be too expensive!

17. Msz

Msz Established commenter

http://www.clubtype.co.uk/fonts/sas/sasslist_ed.html

18. Can I ask what program your partner uses to make your resources please? I'm really not after making and selling myself, (mother of three children under five yrs old and working full time, there's no room for anything else in my life!!) I'm simply curious. I don't get how it's done??!! Obviously I stay well clear of anything to do with ICT at school... [​IMG]

19. Hi Blonde,
    I would love to access more of these resources- they are fab and you are very lucky to have such a creative partner!
    x

20. AthenaMarina

AthenaMarina New commenter

Anything for Nursery as I find it hard to find good Nursery resources.
    But then again also numbers 10 - 20 on something nice for my tops would be cool and things on these topics:
    Nursery Rhymes/trad stories
    Easter
    Spring
    Growing
    Winter
    Minibeasts
    Ourselves
    Celebrations and Festivals (Diwali, Eid etc.)
    Things with letter a like an o with a flick, not like a, 4 that is open not closed at the top like 4
    l with a flick, 9 that has a stick not a curl at the bottom, these can be hard to find
    Thank you SO much you guys!!!!!!!!