1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Zealand Pre-approved Qualification - IPGCE?

Discussion in 'Teaching abroad' started by Miss_B_T, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Miss_B_T

Miss_B_T New commenter

Hi all, wondering if anyone would be able to help me. I originally did the IPGCE course but later did the AO Route to achieve QTS status. The NZQA website says that the IPGCE is NOT recognised. (copied from website below)

'The list applies only to qualifications that lead directly to Qualified Teacher Status (QTS). You may be asked to provide official confirmation the qualification led directly to the award of QTS.

Primary, Primary Education, Secondary, or Secondary Education should be evident on the award certificate or on the transcripts.

Post Compulsory, Further Education, Higher and Adult Education, Life Long Learning or International PGCEs or overseas completed PGCE awards (evidence available from the transcript) are not ITE qualifications.'

I am slightly confused as to whether or not my qualifications fit into this, as I do now also hold QTS.

Sorry if it's a silly question - thanks!

2. february31st

february31st Established commenter

No NZ does not recognize your AO route to QTS, or the GTP for QTS.

But if the teacher shortage continues this may change.