1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

New York Trip Help!!!

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by jon1524, May 6, 2011.

1. Hi everyone,
    I'm presently arranging a New York Trip for our Year 12 students for April next year. After deciding on a company to go with and a final price I am now trying to think a few steps ahead. Letters have been created along with risk assessment etc and I have asked the company to look into the educational passports which may be needed.
    Can anyone think of anything else which I should be thinking off for the near future. Also if you have run this trip before what kind of payment method (for students) did you use i.e. £200 deposit and then monthly payments?
    Any suggestions would be welcome

2. How did you get on organising your trip to New York? How did it go?
    I am starting the process of organising either a New York or Dubai trip for Easter 2014 - its the first international trip that I have organised and wondered if you could share any tips or words of wisdom on the planning and organisation.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3. Ask for post dated cheques and as large a deposit as you think they will tolerate. The large deposit stops them dropping out when they fall out with each other, messing with your quantity discounts. Post dated cheques save a lot of messing about chasing payments.

Since they are year twelve maybe you can offload the organisation of non critical things, like a schedule of evening events, to them.