1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New York Jobs

Discussion in 'Teaching overseas' started by ekhunter, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Hi everyone!

Does anyone know where the New York jobs are advertised and what the application process is like? My husband has just been offered a job of a lifetime in New York beginning in January. I'll be over on his visa but unsure where all the jobs are and just looking for some advice on the whole moving and finding job process.

Thanks!

2. Mainwaring

Mainwaring Occasional commenter

If you google 'Teaching in New York' you will find sites dealing with:
    Teaching in New York State
    Teaching in New York private schools
    Teaching in New York City
    They are all different 'markets'. Satisfying the requirements for teaching in US public (i.e. state) schools is a more demanding process than becoming employed in independent education. However obtaining permission to work in the USA at all is increasingly difficult. My son, who has an American wife and is currently employed in the UK end of an American company, has been working on his immigration formalities for several months now.
    If I were you I would start by looking at the websites of UNIS, the United Nations International School and British Schools of America.

3. Thank you! I'll check them out now. I did a google search earlier, but as always on google you get all sorts and it's difficult to know which site and the advice given is the most appropriate and accurate!

Sounds like your son's got it tough! Hope it all works out for him!

[​IMG]