1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Year's traditions. What do you do?

Discussion in 'Personal' started by CSIwannabee, Jan 1, 2011.

1. ALWAYS spend NYE with my best friend.
    Its her birthday New Year's Day and I remember as kids how upset she used to get when she was allowed to stay up but everyone celebrated New Year and her day was pushed to one side because they were all hung over. So every year since we've been 18 and in charge of our own new year I try to find somewhere different to go. We dress up (black tie and dresses - not fancy dress) and I sneak in a birthday cake. Once everyone has celebrated new year at midnight I light the candles and sing Happy Birthday at the top of my voice, (hence the reason why we go to a new place every year!!!). No matter where we go everyone wishes her a happy birthday and sings along with me ... it helps that I cut the cake up and share it to thank them for making her feel like the birthday girl. We've been doing this for 20 years and spent last night trying to plan what we will do in 2012 when she will be the big 40, (2011 is already planned). She thinks I won't be able to do anything better but I'm already planning [​IMG]
    HNE everyone xx