1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Year resolutions - for teachers!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by Ksmithers83, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Work/life balance?!

2. To come on here more - its really helpful! :)

3. To plan more effeciently - and include some lessons every week which aren't all-singing, all-dancing, animated-power-point, whizz-bang lessons where I swing from the lampshades and the children enjoy several visual, auditory and kineasthetic activities per lesson, with a variety of talk partners, mixed-ability groups and same-ability pairs.
    They may even involve working individually from the millions of text books in school that I've spent the last term ignoring while I burn myself out...
    Oh, and to exercise more (actually, that should read, "start exercising!")

4. Ok, here's my list (if we lived in an ideal world!)
    * Plan more activities where children can mark their own/each other's work, so that I don't have as much to do;
    * Keep up to date with the marking I do have to do;
    * Keep up to date with APP;
    * Plan more efficiently;
    * Keep my cupboard and desk tidy and organised;
    * Be home (with no work to do) by 5.30pm at least 3 times a week.

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

How can you wax eyebrows?
    This is a whole new world for me.

ps
    I don't make NY resolutions.

6. lillipad

lillipad New commenter

To mark my books REGULARLY.

I left them for weeks at the end of last term because we were Xmas playing, and now i've spent a whole day of my holiday marking them! gutted lol

To be a bit more enthusiastic and also, to nail my questioning this year as i'm a bit rubbish at it sometimes.