1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Year 2 Class

Discussion in 'Primary' started by loui87, Feb 23, 2012.

1. loui87

loui87 New commenter

hi all, I recently got offered my first job as an NQT and wasn't due to start till after Easter - due to unforseen circumstances I am now starting on Monday!! As the children are used to the previous teacher can anyone give me any advice as to what to expect? Any introduction ideas, games or any fillers just incase?! Feel I'm in straight at the deep end! Any help/ideas would be great!!

2. cally1980

cally1980 Established commenter

Im not surprised you are feeling a little overwhelmed! I wouldn't spend too much time with intro stuff, id discuss my class rules & expectations, get them written up. Tell them a bit out you etc... It might be nice to get them to do some kind of all about me fact sheet, or write you a letter about themselves. That way you will be able to learn about them and assess at the same time. if I have 5 -10 mins here and there we sometimes play heads down thumbs up, or squeak piggy squeak (have to guess who is under the blanket by memory and the noise of squeaking). I am sure others will have far better advice though as im in my 1st year of Year 2.