1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New WJEC GCSE from 2018....

Discussion in 'Classics' started by sabrinakat, Jan 21, 2016.

1. sabrinakat

sabrinakat Star commenter

the WJEC did a one day workshop today in London in relation to the new GCSE in Latin - loads of excellent information from Ashley Carter, Will Griffiths (he of the CLC and I think administrator of the Teachers' Resources, etc) and others who sorted out the final specification. Informative and helpful. I'm more than happy to scan through my notes and send copies of materials given, just PM me. I'm currently teaching OCR but have done (albeit briefly (a one-term temporary) WJEC. Also very happy to share my OCR v. WJEC going forward materials if you're still uncertain. I think I will go WJEC as can do poetry and prose and paper 3 can be Roman 'civilisation' rather than the limits of OCR. I also like the WJEC literary approach with supplying the extra text in the exam, which (cross fingers) should mean less memorisation and more analysis (one can hope!)

Let me know if anyone wants some WJEC extra goodies!

IceCreamVanMan likes this.