1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New website

Discussion in 'Scotland - education news' started by segbog, Nov 23, 2011.

1. That you?

2. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

Only a minor player

3. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

4. If you are serious about the use of unqualified staff to cover classes you have to do more than set up a website (not that it's not a good idea). Record times, dates and incidents and send the information to the GTCS and to your MSP. Casual bypassing of the legal requirement that classes are taught by qualified teachers is serious and must be highlighted.

5. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I have never witnessed this, but the people who have, have been encouraged to report this to their union. We, at Scottish Supply Teachers, are not omnipresent.
    I agree.

6. I just think you need to be careful about repeating stuff you don't know for sure. I'm not intending to call anyone a liar but sometimes Chinese Whispers can exaggerate the truth . If this can be documented, it should be trumpeted to the heavens because people need to know the impact of current changes to help assess those proposed for the future. Anyone who can document this shouldn't be sitting on that information because the insistence of qualified teachers is one of the strengths of Scottish education and we cannot sit by and lose it. (Sorry, that's ranty but honestly not aimed at you or the website - just that we all need to step up and make a fuss)

7. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

I agree. I'll see about that getting changed.
    You might need to take that up with disguntledaggrieved on the Supply forum.

8. I think I did...

9. kibosh

kibosh Star commenter

. . . . .perhaps not quite as forcefully as you have done on this thread.

10. I do tend to hone the rant each time I deliver it!