1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Voucher Code

Discussion in 'Tes Authors' Group' started by Krazikas, Mar 19, 2017.

1. ChrisWat

ChrisWat New commenter

It's working for me - another great idea. I like the way it's added at the checkout, rather than the redeem page. That seems much more natural.

Krazikas likes this.
  2. Tigerlearn

Tigerlearn New commenter

EASTERHOLS worked for me, but to be honest I prefer vouchers to be redeemable on the redeem page so you can take your time buying rather than risk missing the voucher.

Also, I expected to start getting emails about the codes since becoming a gold author. Disappointed not to be included in that.

Shamster likes this.
  3. ChrisWat

ChrisWat New commenter

I didn't get an email, unfortunately. But, it's a good job the lovely people here share the codes.

4. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

Same I thought as I had become a Gold Author I would get those email too, but did not.

5. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

I think it should be redeemable and should be allowed at check out, I think that is the best idea.

6. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

EASTERHOLS has now expired.

mracdpresent likes this.
  7. mracdpresent

mracdpresent New commenter

Pretty much missed the boat on this one. More difficult as lots of teachers have broken up for Easter.

mrajlong likes this.
  8. Krazikas

Krazikas Occasional commenter

New code J3TY2D39 - Enjoy!

9. Littlesherbetlemon

Littlesherbetlemon Occasional commenter

10. mrajlong

mrajlong Established commenter

11. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

12. mrajlong

Keep an eye out for potential scammers, folks, and report any unusual activity i.e. suddenly loads of reviews

Littlesherbetlemon and Shamster like this.
  13. hoppytimes

hoppytimes New commenter

Should hopefully boost the sales a bit. Thanks for sharing.

14. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

No difference at the moment.. really quiet

15. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

16. Shamster

Shamster New commenter

17. mrajlong

I was bit confused by it too. Just exactly who are we supposed to give them to? Are our colleagues classed as our friends? Is sharing the code on the forums/facebook against the terms and conditions? If Tes want to get a grip on this, active members (not newbies with little to no activity) need to be sent unique codes that only work once and for their account only. Job done!

18. jemmadaniels

jemmadaniels New commenter Staff Member

@EC_Resources @Shamster by all means authors may use the voucher codes to purchase from other authors, Tes encourages this! Unfortunately we have seen increasing incidents of fraudulent activity surrounding these codes which is detrimental to the long-term health of the marketplace. Whilst we appreciate that this only applies to a small number of authors, we must include these T’s and C’s in order to maintain a fair selling environment for all. Rest assured that we are taking action to protect all authors and ensure their success in the future.

19. EC_Resources

@jemmadaniels thanks for replying. I think the confusion now comes from the fact that the new T and Cs say the code can only be used by the one person it was sent to. Authors usually share these codes on social media, facebook, twitter, with a shop link, to promote themselves and boost sales. It works.
    So this code were discussing here, as it has the new t and cs, does that mean we should never have got hold of it in the first place? And therefore if we then promote it are we then breaking the t and Cs?

20. EC_Resources

I mean as it must have originally been sent to one members email account?