1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new to year 6-is there anything like testbase but free (maths)

Discussion in 'Primary' started by ROLLING, Aug 22, 2011.

1. hi i will be in a y5/6 class with 6 y6. The school do not have testbase and have no money. Where would i find sat papers (maths) but not entire papers- is there somewhere like testbase where i can write in place value and a list of questions come up that have been asked before hand on palce value? Am i asking too much? is there anything free that has this or inexpensive.
    thank you

2. hi i will be in a y5/6 class with 6 y6. The school do not have testbase and have no money. Where would i find sat papers (maths) but not entire papers- is there somewhere like testbase where i can write in place value and a list of questions come up that have been asked before hand on palce value? Am i asking too much? is there anything free that has this or inexpensive.
    thank you

3. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

There is because I have it downloaded but don't know from where! I'll keep looking-it's something to do with Lancs NGFL I think, someone else might know!

4. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

classfive likes this.
  5. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

6. flickaz

flickaz New commenter

CarrieV I think I love you! We have a subscription to testbase but last years version really annoyed me with the (lack of) search facility. This will save me a lot of time this year!

7. CarrieV

CarrieV Lead commenter

8. thank you so much x

9. Pitch and Expecations from the old stategy website (must be still online somewhere) groups questions according to objective.
    Copmlete sats papers on emaths.co.uk

10. classfive

classfive New commenter

11. pmbarker

pmbarker New commenter

I'm in a similar position but can't get either of the links recommended above to work - any other suggestions ?

12. pricey4

pricey4 New commenter

Guys if you just type in the maths topic you want into google and put this then this guy on TES has uploaded loads of SATs questions that are all categorised:

google: place value year 6 sats questions

then you get this: https://www.tes.com/teaching-resource/place-value-levelled-sats-questions-6435932 it comes up first.

This user erik_t_viking has uploaded so many and they're all categorised into topic and level for differentiation. I use it all the time, never bothered with test base.