1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to Year 4 - PLEASE HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by gemma22, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Hi everyone. I am moving from Year 2 into Year 4 next year and I am planning a topic on Narnia with a focus on The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. I am struggling to find any Literacy example planning or resources. Can anyone help or suggest some good ideas.

Thanks x

2. Opera Diva did work on this few years ago when in class think it got stored on Brendens site maybe search on here or google

3. Hi,
    I adapted some of the Primary Framework units on Favourite Authors and imaginary Worlds to dovetail into work I did on the Magician's Nephew for year 4. This included an author study, getting the children to research facts about CS Lewis in texts and online. They had to write character studies, and here I made links to the whole Narnia series, and made comparisoms between text and DVD. Children were also encouraged to invent their own imaginary worlds and to draw a map of their own world, using descriptive and alliterative phrases. They then used story mountain planning to create quest stories. Children could also create a newspaper report about a particular set of events in the story, i.e. the reappearnace of Father Christmas, I also linked the creation story to R.E. and we then explored the Christian allegory plus creation stories from other cultures.
    Hope this helps!
    Janice

4. 'Magician's Nephew' is so totally the best and an absolute 'must read' if you want to know why there is a lamppost - or a wardrobe.
    A Lewis scholar has a theory that the books are based on the medieval version of the planets and his explanation is pretty solid. Google Narnia planets.
    Enjoy