1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to Year 1... CIL ideas and outdoor provision.

Discussion in 'Primary' started by HyperBunny, Jul 22, 2019.

1. HyperBunny

HyperBunny New commenter

Hi,

I've been in upper KS2 for six years and then part time (after maternity) in LKS2 for the last two. I will be moving to year 1(part time again), which I am super excited about but it is the first time I have taught phonics, CIL and I am lucky enough to have a decent outdoor area just for year 1.

There is a big focus on CIL in the afternoons as we are trying to keep a smooth transition from reception. I would really love some ideas as to what to do, how many stations/activities (links to subjects) and how to create an engaging, outdoor area.

Thank you x

Literacy units will be holiday recounts, Handa's surprise, Bear Hunt and Gruffalo. Science is about the body.

2. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

These FB groups will give you a zillion and one ideas...
    • Keeping Early Years Unique
    • Early Years Staffroom - Nursery/Reception/Year 1 Teachers/Childminders
    • Planning in the Moment - child initiated learning

Early Years Staffroom also has some fab planning for year 1.

The book 'Year 1 in Action' by Anna Ephgrave is well worth the extortionate price.

I love your enthusiasm and excitement...mine was the same last summer when I moved from LKS2 to nursery.
    It's sooooo much fun.