1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to tutoring. Can anyone recommend a good tutor agency in Essex?

Discussion in 'Private tutors' started by S_V_N, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Hello,

As the title explains, I'm currently considering offering my services as an English tutor. I'm a qualified teacher but haven't taught for ten years due to taking a career break to have my children. I'm really keen to give this a go, but I'm a little nervous about the gap in my experience and thought that maybe going with an agency, initially, would give me a bit more security. Can anyone recommend a good tutoring agency in Essex or indeed offer any advice about how to get started?

Any input gratefully received,

Sara

2. Hello,

As the title explains, I'm currently considering offering my services as an English tutor. I'm a qualified teacher but haven't taught for ten years due to taking a career break to have my children. I'm really keen to give this a go, but I'm a little nervous about the gap in my experience and thought that maybe going with an agency, initially, would give me a bit more security. Can anyone recommend a good tutoring agency in Essex or indeed offer any advice about how to get started?

Any input gratefully received,

Sara