1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to TES

Discussion in 'Personal' started by LrnLocal, Mar 20, 2017.

1. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

Hi All,
    Just joined TES to soak up all the great things teaching offers!
    My name is Samir, people call me sam.

Just thought I would introduce myself cos you may see me bopping around leaving comments all over the show!

2. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

*tumble weeds*

3. emerald52

emerald52 Star commenter

I suggest you bop to TES problem page as it is full of the very essence of TES.

4. Calpurnia99

Calpurnia99 Star commenter

Keep the rest of your name to yourself. Anonymity is the name of the game. :)

5. inky

inky Lead commenter

Sam, your profile page suggests that you are using this forum as a marketting opportunity. Nothing wrong with that in itself but take care - there are rules in the Ts and Cs about that.

6. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

Thanks for the warning. I wouldn't just jump in and start marketing. That's not just because there are T'c and C's but its also not common decency. I'm more here for research than marketing :)
    besides, i miss being part of forums and being in FT work, sometimes making online friends and acquaintances just hits home.

but if the profile pic gives out a 'be warned, marketer ahead' connotations, perhaps i should change it to a sparrow or something lol ;)

7. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

I've learnt something new already!

8. needabreak

needabreak Star commenter

@Eureka ... hey this person is running with the Esystem or SystemE or whatever it was, perhaps you need to hook up to discuss.

Mangleworzle likes this.
  9. Mangleworzle

Mangleworzle Star commenter

:D

10. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

is this some inside joke?

11. needabreak

Afraid so. :oops: It relates to another poster who is always talking about creating an education system that gives the option to learn some of the things that are illustrated on you website.

sabrinakat and LrnLocal like this.
  12. needabreak

@LrnLocal you may want to address the fact that if someone is interested in working with you, there isn't much detail about how that would work, I mean whether they are self employed and how things are organised. Some agencies have a menu with a brief outline for tutors for example... just saying. It looks interesting by the way; while not wanting to breach t&c's good luck.

LrnLocal likes this.
  13. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Senior commenter

I don't want to be horrible, all right, I do. I'm feeling that way out today. You might want to lose the random capital letters and the exclamation marks, and give a hint as to how 'Lrn' is to be pronounced, and if it's actually 'learn' then put learn. Lrn looks a bit desperate to my eye, like those terrible set ups in schools called 'Here2Misbehave' or whatever.

Needabreak, I saw it as a kind of dating agency but for teachers and prospective pupils, which is not in itself a bad idea, but certainly in my area there are already established websites for obtaining this kind of informtion, at least for traditional subjects. If I want a music teacher I'm going to look on a music teacher website where there will be lots to choose from. But I do need someone to erect a couple of posts in my garden. It could work for that kind of thing.

LrnLocal likes this.
  14. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

eureka seems to be a very intelligent person ;)

15. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

Thanks for the feedback again. now that you mention it. the '!' are a bit over the top hahaha nice one. will update that soon. but i think you have the right idea. 'dating' sounds a bit illegal, but i get what you mean haha.
    lrnlocal is in idea phase right now. it would be a big project to just start without validating if there is a niche for it or not.
    its not really aimed at academia.. more towards people who may want to earn a little on the side from things they might be good at. I know my mrs would be happy to earn a couple of bucks teaching someone how to make a killer curry!

16. needabreak

Indeed possibly just another agency although it does appear to be able to offer the sorts of things that adult evening classes used to, but like you say not sure it is co-ordinated for that function. Meetup has good courses and activities that are also less traditionally educational and more social.

It was a little tongue in cheek joke for Eury although he might like to think about the online opportunities for his ideas as there is more scope there than nationally, although admittedly that may defeat the object!

LrnLocal likes this.
  17. LrnLocal

LrnLocal New commenter

18. oldsomeman

oldsomeman Lead commenter

If your an agency you should be able to punctuate your work with capitals.I don't ,but then I have nothing to sell unless somebody wants an old body .I am notorious for supposed poor editing and punctuation and I jealously guard that award :).
    If an agency or any other wrote to me with such errors they would get a reject stamp on them..hope that helps.

19. needabreak

I'm afraid I could be an accidental contender. I'm just too careless... honest Guv. ;):)

20. Burndenpark

Burndenpark Lead commenter

Ouch!

Right in with the sarcasm!

;)