1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to TES - hello to all:-)

Discussion in 'Personal' started by 25975, Jul 1, 2015.

1. 25975

25975 New commenter

Hello people. I am new here. I'm a secondary teacher in an outstanding school. Look forward to getting to know some of you better.

June.

2. Thornberry87

Thornberry87 New commenter

Hi 25975! It is great to meet you. I am an outstanding teacher in an outstanding school. I look forward to seeing more high quality posts from you soon.

Regards; Thornberry87

3. pepper5

pepper5 Star commenter

Hi and welcome to the forums.

You will find a lot of useful information on the forums and get to know some great people.

I tend to post mostly on the supply forum as I am a supply teacher and work in secondary schools and also on the behaviour forum. Work place dilemmas I also find interesting to read and find solutions to problems.

What subject do you teach and how long have you been teaching?

4. tidal

tidal New commenter

I've already said hello

5. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

Are you nearly 40?

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, s/he says on another thread that it is her/his birthdate, Lilac, so a good guess there, Lilac!

Hullo there 25975

A couple of points of information for you:

Pre-moderation is used for new posters on certain forums only - the ones where in the past some posters have taken advantage of overnight lack of moderators to play stupid tricks. So if you post on Cookery, it will appear immediately, but on Personal or Opinion it will be held up in the moderation queue.

The moderation queue means that once your post has been moderated, it is posted. But instead of being posted when moderated, thereby appearing at the top of a page for a new thread, it is posted automatically by the system at the time when you wrote it, and thus may appear several pages back. It is therefore lost to the world and your words of wisdom will never be seen . . . unless someone bothers to look back over the last few pages to note a new thread with no replies. Which nobody ever does, of course!

The Green Martian avatar that you currently are displaying so proudly can be changed, you know.

[​IMG]

You can add an image to your profile (the site can handle gif and jpg files). This image will appear next to any resources you upload and any messages you post in the TES Community. You can either upload a photograph of your own, or choose an image that represents you, or you could choose a graphic from the TES library.

If you use an image from elsewhere, you should make sure you have the appropriate permissions to use this image. A photo you have taken yourself of your favourite thing, or your pet, or a lovely view, is fine.

I suggest that you don't use a photo of yourself, in the same way that we suggest that you don't use your own name as your user name.

You'll find the Add picture option in your Edit Profile page.

Hope this has been helpful to a newbie . . .

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

7. lilachardy

lilachardy Star commenter

I'd make a good detective, eh?

Hello, by the way!

8. tidal

tidal New commenter

Probably not

9. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Not without tears and swearing, it can't.

10. tidal

tidal New commenter

Jim …..sorry..... Rosie

11. 25975

25975 New commenter

I am a music teacher, teaching now for 15 years and loving every minute of it.

Thanks to the big welcome from you all - so good of you.