1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to role...need help

Discussion in 'Special educational needs' started by teachersmate, Jan 29, 2011.

1. Hi
    I have been reading several posts on this forum and thought I would be cheeky and ask for advice. I have just taken over the role from someone who had held it for 20 years! I have discovered that she loved bits of paper and has overcomplicated the whole SEN department. I really need to completely reorganise but am out of my depth.
    Can anyone tell me how they have set up their SEN register, the class files and individual files for statmented children? What do you keep in each, I seem to have various reports (SALT, medical etc) stored all over the place.
    HELP

2. Hi
    I have been reading several posts on this forum and thought I would be cheeky and ask for advice. I have just taken over the role from someone who had held it for 20 years! I have discovered that she loved bits of paper and has overcomplicated the whole SEN department. I really need to completely reorganise but am out of my depth.
    Can anyone tell me how they have set up their SEN register, the class files and individual files for statmented children? What do you keep in each, I seem to have various reports (SALT, medical etc) stored all over the place.
    HELP