1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to Reception

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by justcametome, Aug 31, 2011.

1. Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can help me?
    I am just looking at the planning side of PSHE and am wondering what schemes/resources etc you use to help ensure the social and emotional needs of the children are catered for? Previously, I have used SEAL but that was in year 1 and 2 so unsure what is the best way to go about planning for EYS.
    Many thanks for any help :)

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

You could use SEAL to support PSE if you are familiar with it and find it helps but nearly everything you do in EY will involve some aspect of PSE.

3. Thank you for that :)

4. In my experience your PSED planning in reception will be largely based on the cohort you teach. As the previous poster mentions pretty much everything you do in the early years will involve some PSED. If you want to plan discreet lessons (not strictly early years) then circle times work really well, and there are loads of books, resources and websites detailing various examples / schemes of work.

Hope that is helpful