1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to Milton Keynes- anyone in their twenties fancy a meet up?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by rachy_baby84, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Hey!
    I know exactly how you feel, I moved to MK a couple of years ago and it's been really hard at times. If you want to meet up next week we can. I'm going to be an NQT in Bletchley teaching Year 4. What about you?
    BTW, I don't usually scour TES looking for friends, haha!

2. Hi! I'm in year 6 and I've been teaching for a few years now. I'm def up for a meet up as scary as it seems right now! Ha ha! Anyone else want to join us? Go on, you know you want to!

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

I think, being teachers, you ought to meet up in IKEA!

They do lovely cakes and you can natter all day as tea and coffee have free refills.

I'm not in my 20s and do not live or work in MK, but it is my nearest IKEA and ASDA next door is also good for school stuff.

4. Good point Minnieminx! I'd really like to get a small group of us together- be nice to meet some new people and have other teachers to enjoy the hols with! Anyone else up for it? You don't have to live in MK, I don't- I will be living in Leighton Buzzard come Thursday!

5. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Hi MrsBauer! We messaged when you first said you were moving to this area. Did you get a job?
    Lovely invite to meet in MK .... 'fraid I'm not in my twenties though .... sigh .... [​IMG]

6. Hi Marlin! I did...after a lot of faff and worry! Thanks for asking! You're more than welcome to come along, although we haven't had much interest in the meet up so far :(

7. Hi guys, just came across this message so might be too late now but I'm an NQT in Milton Keynes and in my twenties hurrah! I'm up for a meet up if there is still one planned as having anyone to share ideas with would be really useful, starting to get a little nervous about next week now! Hope your move went well and you are settling in ok!

8. rainbowdrop86

rainbowdrop86 New commenter

hope im not too late. Im just going into my 2nd year of teaching, just outside leighton buzzard. Ikea would be a great place to meet!!! Would love to meet some new people, make new friends!! im 25

9. hope im not too late either! I moved to MK last yr and knew no one so know how scary it can be! Im free this week, and 23, so can i come too please?!

10. No we haven't met yet. Not sure when we are. Any suggestions ladies???

11. I'm free saturday anytime if that helps? could have a coffee (or tea or hot choccy - let's face it, the weather isn't v hot!)...

12. hey

Im an NQT and am living in Leighton Buzzard, but working in MK :)
    have u all already met up for the coffee?? am i too late?

13. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Nothing wrong with those of us who aren't in their 20s btw.[​IMG] Have a good meet up.