1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New to Headship

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by mms1, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

Same here, I advertised in November for a UPS teacher with a TLR.

I had two unsuitable applicants and did not shortlist. I will try again in January.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  2. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter

@caterpillartobutterfly is looking for a promotion Jesmond. Remember though Caterpillartobutterfly, all headteachers are lazy fools who don't like teaching and feel threatened by staff on the UPS so you need to watch your back with @Jesmond12

3. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

:D:D:D:D:D Well quite! And once you've seen the nonsense he posts on here...
    (Actually he has seen my nonsense, I'd be one more 'unsuitable' candidate!)

More seriously, @Jesmond12 is retiring at the end of the year, so I'd not risk it. Maybe if he could be persuaded to stay another few years???

(And move the school a couple of hundred miles south, make it an independent, change the vacancy to that of DH, halve the class sizes and double the PPA allocation...yeah, it's probably not the post for me is it?! :()

Jesmond12 likes this.
  4. Jesmond12

Jesmond12 Star commenter

If only:rolleyes:

I don't hold out a lot of hope in January when I do readvertise.

Lara mfl 05 likes this.
  5. caterpillartobutterfly

caterpillartobutterfly Star commenter

TES does need a 'dislike' button.

If a school with a head like you can't get applicants for experienced staff, something is wrong.

Lara mfl 05 and Jesmond12 like this.
  6. brighton56

brighton56 Occasional commenter

Time to end this thread.

@mms1 Good luck this week. I'm sure you will be super. Remember that you can never please everyone.

mms1 likes this.
  7. install

install Star commenter

Good luck mms1 - if ever in doubt...teach because it shows you are not too scared to do so even as an HT..

It will also remind you of who the real people are that all schools are here for- the students.

8. mms1

mms1 Occasional commenter

Hi everyone,
    For what it's worth I've started off my new term as Headteacher and am focusing on getting to know the children and the staff. I'm not sure what happened to the original thread but it would seem there's been some divergence. I vote we call time on this conversation as I'm sure I'll need to pick your collective brain about something else very soon.

Thanks to all that contributed.