1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new to Edexcel

Discussion in 'Religious Education' started by matryoshkadoll, Oct 19, 2011.

1. matryoshkadoll

matryoshkadoll Occasional commenter

Hi guys

Just a bit of an ask really. After the first 4 weeks of the new GCSE course this school year, we have moved from OCR to Edexcel and have just done our first assessment as we have been asked to enter yr 10 grades by the end of this week to set end of year targets and the like. I was having a go with the mark scheme and am confused on what could constitute a simple reason.. If I follow the mark scheme, kids are getting much higher than I think they might have done with OCR. I can't believe that the bar would honestly change that much between exam boards..

Does anyone have some sample answers A-E from the believing in God section to see if I am on the right track?

If anyone has a few minutes to spare, I would like to show a couple of examples my kids have written. Would like to know how you might mark a couple of questions if you have 5 minutes to spare. PM me with your email if you can help out please!! Really looking at a bit of extra input.

Ta very muchly

M

2. Have PMd you

3. Also PM'd you

4. Please could I have a copy
    Too- I need to work on the accuracy of my marking and that would
    Really help me get better.
    Rockgrrl

5. There are examples in the textbook at the end of each topic which I use.

6. matryoshkadoll

Out of interest, which textbook do you use? I am just about to order a class set of the Watton version from Hodder. However, I have seen a page from another that I don't recognise. with ways of moving from one grade to another - what book is this?? It might be worth my while to at least have one copy of this on the shelf to refer to.

M

7. The one I sent you is by Folens

8. matryoshkadoll

Is it worth having a copy? Thanks again hun for helping out in a moment of frenzy. Still think I am going to be marking harder than I should, but maybe that's better in the long run. Whatever - Edexcel is going to really be a huge benefit to our kids - we have around 40% SEN. I can't understand why they had the kids doing this spec in the first place. We were in negative residuals for ages before I started...