1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New term same old!

Discussion in 'Workplace dilemmas' started by missRV, Nov 17, 2015.

1. missRV

missRV Occasional commenter

I need a major rant, I'm feeling so alone.

Last year, I was overloaded with work from extracurricular activities I took on as a distraction for how I'm feeling today, I went under a mental health team who are the alternative to hospitalisation for psychosis and I was getting better until recently.

My school have taken a load of duties off me and I am just teaching, I feel so useless like I'm letting everyone down. Today, 2 of my colleagues have spoken to me like absolute dirt on 2 different occasions and I can't shift the feelings out of my head.

I am now getting voices telling me to do something silly. I am no risk to the children but I don't know about myself. I took a lot of time off last year and I am now on an attendance target so I can't take any more time off, I don't know why I'm posting on here I'm just desperate to know I'm not alone.

2. marymoocow

marymoocow Star commenter

MissRV you need to see your GP now. Please give them a ring. Take care.

missRV and notsonorthernlass like this.
  3. marlin

marlin Star commenter

@missRV
    Please do as Mary said - go to see your GP urgently. Do take care of yourself.

4. ROSIEGIRL

ROSIEGIRL Lead commenter

You are not useless.

Stuff the attendance target, you are much more important than that.

Please go to your doctor - call them today.

5. Dragonlady30

Dragonlady30 Star commenter

I agree with all the advice above, including stuff the attendance target!

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh how upsetting all this is for you!

Yes, do see your GP asap. But before that, you must get in touch with the Teacher Support Network.

They are available by phone, by e-mail, by chatline. 24/7. they understand perfectly the stresses that are on teachers, so they are exactly the people to talk to.

You could contact them now, right away, and have a talk to feel better.

Best wishes

7. monicabilongame

monicabilongame Star commenter

If you are still under the CMHT ring them now. AND your GP.

8. missRV

missRV Occasional commenter

Thank you everyone for the replies.

I've just got off the phone to the CMHT who told me to stay off tomorrow, I've sent my HT a text to say I won't be in tomorrow, going to make an emergency appointment with my case worker for tomorrow.

9. rosievoice

rosievoice Star commenter

Good. Take care of yourself. xxxx

10. Mrsmumbles

Mrsmumbles Star commenter

I had similar stuff to this...the management are terrified of you suing them for disability discrimination, so they have take steps to support you...meanwhile, your colleagues are doing this to you. I call it the smiling hangman syndrome. I was hugged by a member of SMT, who then, a second later, put me on warning of formal starting the following term. This was then removed by union making the right noises, and a phased return which ran into the start of the next term...by which point I'd have started my new post, so formal never started. Could be just two random and unpleasant individuals you work with...or it could be mangement stirring things up. They can involve the line managers in their dirty work. Stand strong, stand your ground, hate them back, and do NOT let them bully you into leaving without a settlement.