1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Technology and Ofsted

Discussion in 'Ofsted inspections' started by zcsaa44, Feb 17, 2012.

1. zcsaa44

zcsaa44 New commenter

I was wondering if and how Ofsted adapts to new technology. I am currently trying to out use of a VLE with my year 9 students for their homework which involves them creating a report over a period of time, completing it section by section. Each section gets marked before being redrafting into a completed report. This means that the whole project and the feedback from their teacher won't be in their folder for a while, they will definitely not have the back and forth sections which shows the quality of my marking being targeted to each students work. If Ofsted come in will they look at this, they can only be aware this is occurring if they speak to a more savvy pupil who is aware this is going on as this is a new scheme by me to make use of the VLE. It seems that unless they look in detail and speak to me about this they aren't going to get an accurate picture of my work and this will reflect badly on me.

2. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

I was observed in January by an Ofsted inspector while teaching Y9 ICT. She went around the room talking to students, asking them if they knew what level they were working at, what their target grades were and if they would reach them. The students showed her where they were given feedback on the VLE.

3. SundaeTrifle

SundaeTrifle Occasional commenter

I would imagine you would get a chance to explain things during your feedback if you felt the inspector had picked up a wrong impression.