1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Spec GCSE Level 8 and 9 Tips/ Advice/ Resources for English

Discussion in 'Secondary' started by MissLMLovatt, Nov 11, 2016.

1. MissLMLovatt

MissLMLovatt New commenter

Hello,

I'm looking into gathering different schools' and teachers' ideas as to what a Level 8 or 9 (i.e. the new A*) will require or look like for English Language and English Literature 2017 students (in particular with AQA).

Obviously, with the government changes there are no example answers anymore, other than sister-sites of exam boards, such as e-AQA, exampro, and Cambridge Elevate.

I'm looking for any advice that teachers can share, based on their own experiences, department practice and how you have found transitioning from the old spec to the new one.

What skills are you developing in your KS4 students and how are you pushing high-achievers or highly-targeted students?

Thanks,
    Laura.

2. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

For what purpose?

3. MissLMLovatt

MissLMLovatt New commenter

To improve my teaching and share good practice with others.

4. Vince_Ulam

Vince_Ulam Star commenter

It reads like you are trying to consult professionals towards product without paying consultancy fees.

Scintillant likes this.