1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New simpler forms for Edexcel Admin

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by 7flegg, Nov 4, 2011.

1. I had a quick look at the docs for 2012 and the Admin doc and I am not sure of any major change. The drama team has made changes but I only spotted the Unit 2 Sample Assessment card with some adjustments. Any body looked closely?
    Any improvement?

2. I had a quick look at the docs for 2012 and the Admin doc and I am not sure of any major change. The drama team has made changes but I only spotted the Unit 2 Sample Assessment card with some adjustments. Any body looked closely?
    Any improvement?

3. corblimeyguvnor

corblimeyguvnor New commenter

As far as I can see, the only difference is in Unit 3 they seem to have removed the bit where you had to submit the ways in which you met the assigment brief. This was a pointless waste of time anyway as examiner's were told it didn't count towards anything. Just pen-pushing.I can't see how anything else has been simplified at all really.

4. No it's still there on form D3a - wording may have changed a little but it is still required.
    Centres must attach an explanation of how the performance has met the assignment brief and a paragraph to put the performance in context and copies of scripts as performed. This should be completed by the student with support from the teacher.
    Correct. There is no credit / penalty for meeting / not meeting the assignment brief in the specification, therefore no marks can be awarded / deducted.

5. Correct. There is no credit / penalty for meeting / not meeting the assignment brief in the specification, therefore no marks can be awarded / deducted.

Then why is it there?

It's pointless anyway unless it is restrictive... I am not advocating that (at all),,, just commenting!