1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new simple modern musicals

Discussion in 'Drama and performing arts' started by resources4drama, Oct 15, 2011.

1. resources4drama

resources4drama New commenter

You only get one chance to make a first impresssion.
    Unfortunately.

2. My thoughts exactly resources4drama, what a ludicrously arrogant post.

My constructive suggestion would be that if you think your music is so much more amazing than anything else available, including Lionel Bart and anything someone who is foolishly restricted by music reading has produced, (!) your best bet is to pay someone to score it for you so that the masses can access it and the world can celebrate this mastery.

Surely if it is as phenomenal as you make out this would be a worthwhile investment and would be money that you would definitely get back. You could also get someone to spell check it for you while you're at it which I would strongly advise if this post is anything to go by.

I would suggest though that before you go that expense you get a broader pilot group than 'a theatre company'. You could also put your money where your mouth is and take a production of it somewhere like the Edinburgh Fringe where you can blow everyone away with it and begin your mission to rid the world of the trash pieces you mention such as 'all musicals today' which contain 'no melodies and are written by people who follow rails(?) and have no imagination'. I have no idea what you have been listening to but that statement is ridiculous.

From someone who has conducted several shows in the West End and worked with a lot of big recording artists my genuine advice is that if you want to get anywhere in the professional music or musical theatre industry you need to change your attitude. Frankly, it stinks.

3. I agree with Resources and Jenny.

I've sort of missed the point of your point - whether it's to advertise your musicals or just rant in general about the musical theatre industry?

Lots of people didn't have rich parents or go to university. If you think your music is good get it recorded and let it speak for itself. The way you are presenting yourself is going to put a lot of people off!