1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Sept 2012 Ofsted framework and capability procedures

Discussion in 'Primary' started by silverphoenix, May 5, 2012.

1. I want to know whether my head teacher is right. I have been a classroom teacher for 6 years and I mostly still average satisfactory in lesson observations, although each class I have taught attain the expected end of year levels, the progress of the children have been questioned previously but for this last academic year it has been good across the core subjects. My head feeling I will fail the new capability procedures in the Autumn term has advertised for an NQT to take my primary year group starting in September and will move me into a cover teaching role in the school with SEN responsibilities. He has told me since I'd need to compete for jobs against NQTs I would be unlikely to get a new job in another school for September. My union tells me as a classteacher he has the right to move me about the school, but is concerned about the link made with capability as the reason I need to come out of my role as the class teacher. Is the head right about the high possibility I would fail capability and my present job prospects?

2. I want to know whether my head teacher is right. I have been a classroom teacher for 6 years and I mostly still average satisfactory in lesson observations, although each class I have taught attain the expected end of year levels, the progress of the children have been questioned previously but for this last academic year it has been good across the core subjects. My head feeling I will fail the new capability procedures in the Autumn term has advertised for an NQT to take my primary year group starting in September and will move me into a cover teaching role in the school with SEN responsibilities. He has told me since I'd need to compete for jobs against NQTs I would be unlikely to get a new job in another school for September. My union tells me as a classteacher he has the right to move me about the school, but is concerned about the link made with capability as the reason I need to come out of my role as the class teacher. Is the head right about the high possibility I would fail capability and my present job prospects?