1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New SEF & Ofsted - HELP!

Discussion in 'Headteachers' started by headforheights, Aug 2, 2009.

1. We are due a inspection in the Autumn term and I have been trying to get to grips with the new SEF and Framework over the past few weeks but am really struggling. We have had no LA guidance or help and am really worried that I am going to let my staff down and get it wrong. Can any one recommend any guidance, books, examples to look at or would anyone be prepared to share anything that they have done.
    Thanks in anticipation.

2. We are due a inspection in the Autumn term and I have been trying to get to grips with the new SEF and Framework over the past few weeks but am really struggling. We have had no LA guidance or help and am really worried that I am going to let my staff down and get it wrong. Can any one recommend any guidance, books, examples to look at or would anyone be prepared to share anything that they have done.
    Thanks in anticipation.

3. fab208

fab208 New commenter

I don't know how soon your inspection is due but there's a Focus Education book (I think it's by Clive Davies) due in September. I found their last book and course on writing the old SEF very valuable and was told by Ofsted that the SEF was one of the best they'd seen so I will be getting the new book on September 1st! Only sorry it isn't out yet as I wanted to do some work over the holidays but, like you, am finding it really hard to get to grips with!
    If you go to the Focus website you can pre-order the book there. Good luck!
    Fab

4. In my area heads are being given training but in order of when Ofsteds are due - so our head has been told to leave the SEF alone as we had an inspection last Christmas and aren't due yet and she'll get the training when they've got through all the people who need it who are due for inspection earlier.
    Where this leaves us if they decide to drop in for a random check I don't know but it's LA advice so we are going with it ...
    Are you not being offered any training?
    J

5. Our LA have just sent an email out to those of us due Ofsted in the coming academic year offering SEF training next month.

6. I have a presentation from a course I attended, it is really good. If you want a copy email to sybellauk@talk21.com.

7. Hi Sybella
    I have tried to email you re: presentation but email bounced back. Is it possible to confirm email address is correct please?

8. Hi
    If you publish your email address I am happy to email you my SEF which was done for a pilot inspection in June. About 90% complete when we had the call but inspector said it was good.
    You are welcome to have a look.

9. I'm also due an inspection this year and struggling with the new SEF. I would really appreciate a look at yours if you would be kind enough to mail it to:
    imogenaddy@hotmail.com

10. We are also due an inspection during the Autumn Term and would really appreciate looking at your SEF if you wouldn't mind e mailing it to:
    cattypark@hotmail.com
    Thank you in advance.

11. shellyf

shellyf New commenter

I would appreciate a copy and am willing to trade resources if there is anything you need.
    Thanks farnanm1@aol.com

12. A copy here while you are sending would be appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

christuff@aol.com

13. Me too please,

Thanks so much from a new and bewlidered HT:

bryanharrison@live.co.uk

14. Hi,
    Would be eternally grateful for a copy if you have the chance! email is charliehayward@hotmail.com
    Thanks

15. I'd love a copy of your SEF if you don't mind as i just keep putting mine off! Thanks very much

chezpeche@aol.com

16. fairport

fairport New commenter

17. Not really up to speed on the new framework but am currently working on the new SEF. Must say I find it's brevity encouraging and the tutorials and help on each page very helpful. may think differently when i've spent a few hours on it!! Worth having a look at the tutorials on the SEF website though