1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NEW SCIENCE TEACHER, HELP!

Discussion in 'US – Staffroom' started by aabaker13, Nov 14, 2017 at 12:29 AM.

1. aabaker13

aabaker13 New commenter

Hi Everyone,
    I just graduated with my certificate in secondary education with the specialization of earth science. I have completed my student teaching for 6 months at a local high school where i taught earth science. I am starting to freak out a little because I am going to start applying for jobs. I always had my cooperating teacher with me when i student taught if i needed any help or advice. Since she isnt going to be there anymore i just have a question... how long do you spend on one specific subject? Connecticut just put into place the new science standards. I have been eating, breathing, and living these standards all throughout college so i know them inside and out. I just don't know how im supposed to space out all of the material throughout the school year. do i collaborate with other earth science teachers in my school or am i on my own? I literally have no clue at all how this works.