1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New school: supporting evidence for application for Upper pay scale?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by twinklelittlestar, Mar 21, 2012.

1. I want to apply for UPS next year. I have had consistently good and outstanding observations in the past and taken on lots of extra responsibilities within school. HOWEVER when I came to research how to apply for upper pay scale I realised that you need "two successful performance management cycles". I have just moved schools and now realise that my old school did a shoddy job when it came to performance management because although targets were set at the start of the year these were never reviewed properly. At my new school teachers keep a portfolio of evidence to show how they have made progress towards PM targets but I do not really have anything like this. I have copies of observations/ target groups/planning etc which I could put together but I just wanted to know what other people provided when they applied? especially those who had changed schools.

2. I want to apply for UPS next year. I have had consistently good and outstanding observations in the past and taken on lots of extra responsibilities within school. HOWEVER when I came to research how to apply for upper pay scale I realised that you need "two successful performance management cycles". I have just moved schools and now realise that my old school did a shoddy job when it came to performance management because although targets were set at the start of the year these were never reviewed properly. At my new school teachers keep a portfolio of evidence to show how they have made progress towards PM targets but I do not really have anything like this. I have copies of observations/ target groups/planning etc which I could put together but I just wanted to know what other people provided when they applied? especially those who had changed schools.

3. chuk

chuk New commenter

Speak to your union.