1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New role as a PE teacher.

Discussion in 'Physical education' started by Alawlor30, May 13, 2019.

1. Alawlor30

Alawlor30 New commenter

Hi

I am currently working in a middle school as an advanced behaviour support worker/deputy safeguarding lead however starting September I will be starting my teacher training to become a qualified physical education teacher.

I have been shadowing lessons and delivering some small aspects such as warm ups ext, however over the next term I would like to progress this and start delivering the majority of the lessons i am in. Does anyone have any links to websites, online resources or would be able to recommend any books that i can purchase which would give me ideas for activities/drills to deliver the national curriculum?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am really excited to be starting my journey as a P.E teacher.

Thank you in advance.

Adam

2. Tib10

Tib10 New commenter

Hi Adam,

I think iv'e got everything your looking for! Pop me a private message on ivor@optimaledgecoaching.com and i'll share with you a bit more in detail e.g. resources, tips etc...

Excited for you to start your PE teaching career!

Kind Regards,

Terry

3. manuelcaballero74

manuelcaballero74 New commenter

Hi Terry,

I am an overseas PE teacher and I also need ideas for activities to deliver the national curriculum properly. Can you still help with that??

many thanks in advance

manuel