1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NEW QTS September 2012 and starting NQT in Jan 2012

Discussion in 'New teachers' started by joyanne31, Dec 29, 2011.

1. I have just read the new QTS standards that are coming into being in September 2012. I am starting a NQT position in Jan 2012, does anyone know if I have to follow the old QTS and then swap in September 2012, or do I follow the old QTS until April 2012 and then swap to the new or do I just follow the new QTS from day one? Whole thing is a bit confusing!

2. Captain Obvious

Captain Obvious New commenter

From https://www.education.gov.uk/publications/eOrderingDownload/teachers%20standards.pdf

"Where programmes have started
    before 1 September 2012 and are due to finish after 1 September
    2012, the relevant accredited providers will need to ensure that
    programme design and delivery, and the assessment of trainee
    teachers, take proportionate account of the introduction of the new
    standards. "
    The actual content of the new standards isn't drastically different to the current ones (as admitted by that document), so the main thing is to just make sure you keep doing what you're supposed to.
    So while you may find your final term is assessed under the new standards, realistically it won't make much difference as long as you've been meeting the current ones.

3. Thanks for this. Really useful. Have a great New Year![​IMG]