1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New PSHE Co-ordinator

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by preston, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Hi Early1
    I am contemplating taking on PSHE. How have you found the role and have you any advice.

2. If you're looking for some useful PSHE resources for KS3, I may have just the solution.... totally FREE of charge!!

Try .... http://www.thebigpicture.eu.com/free-lesson-plans and just key in the LOGIN code of 12345.... that's it !! Good luck

3. Hi I was wondering what you were all putting for your targets on your SDP for PSHE? I'm new to the school so obviously will audit current practice, but what other targets can I set? The school uses the Rainbow Pack, so I'm not sure what else I can do. Really need some ideas, if anyone wouldn't mind sharing some of their ideas I would be really grateful! Want to make a good impression and make my mark on the subject but am having a total blank!
    Thanks

4. 2sm

2sm

Hi I've been given the rold of PHSE co ordinator and would appreciate a copy of the audit and any advice on what people are doing in their roles. Many thanks aprilchick868@hotmail.com

5. Hi Preston,
    May I trouble you for a copy of the Audit too! I have started at a new School and been given the role, which is great...but, I haven't a clue where to start!

Many thanks and happy half term everyone! [​IMG]

Email: vickycarpenter1983@hotmail.com

6. jbarksfield

jbarksfield New commenter

Hi Vicky, hi all,
    Just seen this email stream that seems to have been running a very long time! I know what it's like to be a new PSHE coordinator trying to find your way with little support or training. I'm now the PSHE Association's training and Development Officer and run all our CPD training workshops and in-school support such as Inset sessions and one-to-one support for coordinators.
    We do workshops on everything from planning your scheme of work (which includes our 'Scheme of Work Planning Toolkit' which has gone down a storm and isn't available anywhere else), effective coordination and leadership in PSHE and assessment to getting your PSHE Ofsted-ready. We've got lots of resources too, a monthly newsletter and membership's only £35, so worth taking a look. To see details of the training workshops go to www.pshe-association.org.uk then click on News and Events at the top of the Home page. You can also contact me directly: jenny@pshe-association.org.uk.
    Best wishes and have a great half term,
    Jenny

LawCitizenshipPHSE likes this.
  7. Just reading the message about being a new pshe leader, I'm one to and need to carry out an audit, however i.m also not sure how to go about it, could you please send the outline to me also . Kind regards Lucy

8. Hi Lucy, as a new PSHE leader it might be worth searching the resources on here to see whether you can use any of them to build your own curriculum. One resource which looks at character and helps young people develop their own aspiration and goals through the exploration of the Olympic values is called Inspire-Aspire. Check it out and let me know if you would like to do it in your school www.inspire-aspire.org.uk. Hope your audit goes ok. Kind regards, Gemma

9. Just seen this thread! I too have been given PSHE to coordinate, if you could send me an audit too I would be most grateful! ruthdrake05@yahoo.co.uk

10. would appreciate a copy of the aiudit please

powells10@tiscali.co.uk

11. Hi - I have just taken on the role as PSE Co-ordinator, and am looking for advice from those more experienced. I am currently carrying out the audit. But any views on what works well? Up to date resources? Willing to share good practice? Please drop me an email - jade.williams@elfed-hs.flintshire.sch.uk

Many thanks!

12. samkhan01

samkhan01 New commenter

13. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Previous 'outstanding' graded subject lead if anyone wants to PM for advice or resources.

14. EC_Resources

EC_Resources Occasional commenter

15. LawCitizenshipPHSE

LawCitizenshipPHSE New commenter

Please may I have a copy too? I don't know how to private message you my email address?

16. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

As @preston made that offer 11 years ago and last logged into TES nearly 6 years ago I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for her/him to see your post.

You might do better to look at the resources @EC_Resources signposted in post #74. EC_Resources is still an active member here.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019