1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New PSHE Co-ordinator

Discussion in 'PSHE' started by preston, Apr 7, 2008.

1. Thanks for the mention Nic. Our remit is to help raise the standard of
    PSHE education so we are here to help through resources, guidance and
    training. Worth mentioning that NQTs and PGCE students can join us for just £15 p/a

2. well would you believe it, I've logged in today for the first time in ages! yes I will send this to you. I'm running a course in South London soon or new coordinators. Are you near? http://www.schoolsandhealth.co.uk/page2/page2.html

3. Rhian87

Rhian87 New commenter

4. rachy1310

rachy1310 New commenter

Hi,
    Could I please jump on the band wagon and ask for a copy of the audit. Have been given the role of PSHE and SEAL co-ordinator and feeling a bit over whelmed. One of my targets is to sort assessment out over accross the school so having a look at your would be really handy.

Thanks in advance
    fosta26@hotmail.com

5. Hello everyone- you have mail.

6. Hey all - I've just made QTS and been given PSHE to coordinate with nothing to guide me. I'd love it if someone could send me the outline for the audit too :)
    rainr009@rbwm.org

cheers!

7. Hi All PSHE Co-ordinators,
    I
    run a business called The Fun Food Company, providing nutritional shows for
    school PHSE type sessions, world food days/week and activity weeks.

I
    would just like to outline the show we offer to Schools at the moment.
    The
    Fun Food Company runs nutritional shows to KS3 students, during PHSE sessions
    (or just for fun learning), in the form of a 2 part show (1 hour long)
    comprising of nutritional teaching, going through the importance of a healthy
    breakfast and how to balance the eat well plate, to recognising which foods
    contain carbs, protein, vits and mins etc. The second half of the show is a
    competition loosely based on the television programme 'Ready Steady Cook', where
    2 celebrity chefs (teachers) and their 2 team mates (pupils) battle for 15
    minutes to cook a balanced meal, red team (red chilis) verses the green team
    (green peas).
    ?Each
    team has a fully functional stage kitchen with 2 electric woks, a steamer,
    chopping boards, knife sets and cooking utensils. Once the competition has
    ended, the teams present the finished food onto the centre presentation table,
    where 10 audience volunteers come and taste the food and give their opinion.

The
    winner is then voted for by the audience (50 - 300 pupils).
    This
    show is a great way for pupils to learn about healthy eating and the importance
    of it, whilst having a great, fun and interative hour.
    As we are a young growing Company,
    we are currently trying to get the show out there in schools to teach about
    healthy eating, and from a business point of view, make a name for
    ourselves.

We have already got two established
    Contract Caterers who use us in their schools and the reception is great, and we
    know it works. It is also great evidence for your OFSTED reports.
    I
    would love the opportunity to come and give a no obligation presentation about
    the show to yourselves and collegues (we are based in South Manchester but will travel reasonable distance), even if you are only remotely interested.

If
    you would like anymore information, or to arrange a meeting, or even just a
    chat, please contact me on the details below. Or I can send out some photos and our information booklet.
    Regards,
    Ian Rotherham
    Event Manager

The Fun Food
    Company

Telephone: 07563 791 773

e-mail:
    <a>ian@funfoodcompany.co.uk[/URL]

8. Hi Preston.

I'm jumping on the bandwagon too I'm afraid! I've taken over the role of PSHE coordinator and haven't got a clue about anything that's going on. Would you mind sending me your audit?

ek.hunter@yahoo.co.uk

9. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hello everyone:
    Would anybody be interested in an online chat? If so please add me to MSN messenger:
    sarahjanehallam@btinternet.com
    I too have been appointed as Co-ordinator and want to share ideas on how to implement an entirely new long term plan.
    <u>Does anybody have the audit</u> and wouldn't mind emailing me it pretty please?[​IMG]
    Thanks,
    Sarah

10. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hello,
    I've created a new Co-ordinators chat group on MSN, please just decline the request if you want to be ignored and please add me as a friend if you want to join in. No set times for chatting just whenever (OFSTED is looming?!). I realise this thread is quite old now so some people may not be so new but I am!!
    Hope you join in!
    MSN address: sarahjhepton@hotmail.co.uk (not the address above...sorry!)

11. Hi,
    You are probably sick of all of these requests for your audit! I'm jumping on the bandwagon too! Please could you send me a copy if you still have it?

Many thanks!
    cathycalvey@hotmail.com

12. j_pink

j_pink New commenter

Hi all, I've set up a chat group for all new Co-ordinators. Please add your email address to MSN messenger and we can arrange to share documents, resources etc.

13. Hi preston,
    Could I please take a sneaky peaky at your audit too.
    Many Thanks,
    twelvety@hotmail.co.uk

14. Hi Preston,
    Please could you email me the audit as I am under huge time pressures to implement a KS4 PSHE Curriculum for September.
    hkempson@hotmail.co.uk
    Many thanks x

15. Hi Preston

I've only just seen this thread. Could you please send me the audit as well. I think it would be really useful.

cmcottrell@gmail.com

Many thanks

16. If i was you i would make best use of the resources that are available on the TES, BBC, helpmeteach etc etc

17. Hi I am new to PSHE coordinator role also schools council and citizanship, (not a teacher). Can anyone help? Also does anyone have a copy of the audit they can send me.
    Thanks

ar50@blueyonder.co.uk