1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Primary Music lessons

Discussion in 'Music' started by iamsomewhere, Nov 26, 2015.

1. iamsomewhere

iamsomewhere New commenter

I've been creating new, original music topics and lessons for a couple of years now, some of which are available to download and have been very successful.

I'm keen on creating more and am wondering if anybody out there has any suggestions of the type of topic they would be interested in purchasing/downloading? I'm always looking for new ideas... Feel free to let me know!

I've actually started a rhythm topic based on body percussion and boom whackers that will be uploaded soon...

2. LennoxBerkeley

LennoxBerkeley New commenter

My friend. You seem to have confused new and original with old and tired. I would be very interested in purchasing anything that is underpinned by an understanding of music pedagogy, as this seems to have been completely absent from any online resource ever.

Best wishes

Lennox

3. iamsomewhere

iamsomewhere New commenter

Gosh, thanks for the vote of confidence! Always nice in this day and age ;)

Do you have some suggestions for a topic that underpins an understanding of music pedagogy...?

I always make sure that all of my topics have a variety of creative music making opportunities including composing, improvising and arranging as well as using other techniques and methods such as Kodaly and Dalcroze. I also link the topics to history and geography as well as other topics putting music into context.

I'd be interested to know what else I can do. Cheers :)