1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Primary ICT Coordinator

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by angelic11, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Hi there,
    I'm new to this role and I really want to do a good job! I was hoping that I could get answers to a couple of questions that I've been searching the web for!
    So here goes:
    1 - We currently use QCA and some very old schemes, I'm looking for something a bit more up to date that won't upset my colleagues by being too much or too harder a change and preferably free. What would you recommend?
    2 - I'm expected to set up a school website to publicise the school. How can I do this quickly and easily alongside our network manager to get it done so I can then focus on the VLE?
    Thanks in advance.

2. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

Look at LGFL ITASS (Newham), Tower Hamlets, Greenwich schemes, via the ICT links off content; also the Kented website.
    There is another thread on this issue on this forum.Does 'expected' mean it is in your job description? it can be a big job, especially if you are new to it, demand release time for training and getting the thing up and running.

I have prepared a collection of useful documents and guides (a 'toolkit')for new primary coordinators which I can send you, if you wish.
    Leave an address here or message me if you are interested.

3. Yes please, becktonboy. subsub@gmail.com Thanks.

4. lucyladybird

lucyladybird New commenter

Please may i have a copy of your 'toolkit'? Just taken on ICT and again want to make a good impression. Thanks.

5. lucyladybird

Sorry, email would help, don't suppose you're a mind reader!
    lucyfhodges@yahoo.com

6. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

On its way, Lucy. Let me know what you think and any suggestions for additions.

7. lucyladybird

Wow! Thanks becktonboy. Loads of resources, will certainly keep me busy!
    It's great to have a starting point which I can amend to fit my school.
    Thanks again
    Lucy

8. I'd love a copy of the Toolkit having just agreed to take on ICT and Science co-ordinator.

Many thanks

nikki

nikki.chandler@talktalk.net

9. Hi there,
    Would it be possible to get a copy of your toolkit if possible?
    Many thanks
    katienursall@gmail.com

10. Hi...Your Toolkit sounds brill! Could I too have one pls? mls1959@hotmail.com
    Cheers :)

11. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

well done both of you for finding this ancient thread, have sent stuff ...

12. Hello. I've also found your ancient thread ! I've recently been made ICT co-ordinator and I'd really appreciate any help in getting going with it. Please could I also have a copy of your toolkit.

joannehills@gmail.com

Many thanks, in advance!

13. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

sent off

14. Hello,

I would be so grateful if I too could have a copy of your toolkit. Elizabeth_bamber@yahoo.com

Thanks so much!

Liz

15. Could I have the toolkit also please?

nicmorris_2309@hotmail.co.uk

Thank you!

X

16. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

sent all these off, sorry for the delay....

17. becktonboy

becktonboy New commenter

18. Could I be really cheeky and ask for one too! My email is sarak-86@hotmail.com, thanks : )