1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Primary curriculum - any one got an example of a planning template?

Discussion in 'Primary' started by annie77, May 1, 2010.

1. I am charged with the lovely job of leading on curriculum. Ideally we would like to 'run with' the new primary curriculum in September, but I have to be honest and admit I am a bit daunted by the new curriculum. Do any of you have any examples of how you have planned from it already and a planning template I could see? Worried about how to organise it and ensure progression. Any ideas from anyone who is futher along the road with it will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks x

2. Msz

Msz Established commenter

you do know it has been put on hold and depending on the election may not become statutory?

3. Hi
    Have delivered this in my school - across KS1 for two years and full school for the past year
    If you message me your email I will send some examples of what we use.[​IMG]

4. And we are going to run with it until told otherwise - it meets the old NC curriculum anyway.

5. Msz

Have you been piloting the New Primary Curriculum or have you created your own creative curriculum based on the present curriculum?

6. Part of the idea of the 'new' curriculum (which any school led by a head worth their salt will hold off on) is to get away from this sort of teacher behaviour.
    It's not just about WHAT we teach, but HOW it is taught and organised.
    The days of rigid planning and scripts are gone.
    Do what works for your children, your staff and your school. How? By asking them, talking with them, discussing with them and building how you do things from there.
    Not from some random 'template' of which you know not the providence or brains (or lack of them) behind it.
    I despair for the profession sometimes.

7. horaces mum

is it possible i could have a look at this new primary curriculum planning... i have the job this weekend of starting to plan out what im thinking of doing as literacy leader...

Many Thanks
    miss.hendo@googlemail.co.uk

8. ye gods

9. Msz

I made similar comments on another thread ... too many years of QCA units
    Creative curriculum! no chance...

10. Woah! Steady on!
    At what stage did I say I wasn't going to be creative myself!! You have obviously got out of the wrong side of your teacher bed! I WOULD like ideas of HOW to organise it, hence the request for examples and templates! I am completely offended by your comment to be honest, if you can't be constructive and helpful, then keep your comments to yourself and allow professionals to engage in professional ideas and share good practise.

11. and by the way if you are in dispair that much, then get out of the profession....... sounds like you need to.

12. or despair! LOL!

13. I find it sad that some people are so fragile that when not greeted with "adulatory" type responses to their posts, and are instead given an opposite view from a fellow professional, that they resort to insluts so easily.

14. Msz

since my comments weren't made to you I'm not sure why you are offended by them

15. annie, have you come across the website for the "new" (although it was dropped from the recent education bill in parliament) curriculum?

http://curriculum.qcda.gov.uk/new-primary-curriculum/index.aspx

But to be honest, you won't find much in the way of examples or templates or schemes or any other freebie giveaways for a curriculum that doesn't legally exist yet. But if you are looking to do cross curricular planning, you can do that with the present curriculum.

16. lardylegs

lardylegs Occasional commenter

Sharing good practiCe would be nice. Yet another 'me too' thread is just dull.

17. There is a thread about this on the creative curriculum forum called: Planning formats for a creative approach??
    Don't know if this will help - it's someone elses ideas and sharing good practise. I had a look and gave me a few thoughts.
    HTH x

18. Don't know if this will help you but I recently completed a placement at a school which used the 'Creative Learning Journey' to help them plan. The school bought it in (not sure of cost though sorry) and received training on it and now all the staff rave about it. They said it taught them how to take risks etc whilst still feeling they were following the curriculum. Just google
    'Creative Learning Journey'
    to take a look
    Hope it helps!x

19. Msz

thousands!

20. tafkam

tafkam Occasional commenter

Nothing like being creative by getting someone else to tell you exactly what to do [​IMG]