1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Piano

Discussion in 'Music' started by seandingley, May 30, 2011.

1. My main advice, other than make sure you buy an acoustic, is don't rule out second hand pianos. You can get some well maintained, older pianos which are of far better quality than you might expect, especially with regards to sound. I have a gem which was bought new for close to £10k but never used. I think we picked it up for about £1800 because the owners had it in storage and just wanted to get rid of it.

Also, before buying any piano, make you sure you get a trusted piano tuner to have a look at it and make sure there are no problems with it.

2. I was looking at Kawai pianos myself. Do you mind if I ask where you have seen a new one for £2300? The lowest I found was a special offer of £2500 in Manchester. I prefer the Kawai to the Yamaha although there are some good second hand deals on Yamahas around at the moment so I might still end up with one.