1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New parents induction evening

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by louisea, May 26, 2011.

1. I did my first meeting on Tues eve. We are one form entry so it was just me, HT, 2 TA's and 2 voluntary helpers! Cook had a stall and so did our after school Kids Club. Our school admin staff were also there to ensure we had data collection forms filled etc
    The HT talked about PTFA, After School Club and introduced the staff.
    Then I spoke about the 6 areas of learning, reading and what to expect with regards to learning sounds, words, recording in the reading diary. Writing, discussed correct pencil control and not writing in capitals at home!
    Discussed the school day, play and its importance, outside play area, visitors, trips.
    Talked about labelling clothes, putting dinner money in enevelopes - basic stuff but the stuff that makesour lives easier! 20 school jumpers all look the same!
    We then went down to the classroom and mingled with the parents. It was really nice, very relaxed and friendly. Lasted about an hour in total.
    I really enjoyed meeting and talking to new and old parents
    Lou