1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new parents evening for reception intake

Discussion in 'Early Years' started by LucyD84, Jun 8, 2011.

1. With regards to what to address at the meeting- Im just about to do my first meeting next week (have had Rec before but didnt have to do the meeting previously!) Following on from notes the previous teacher gave me, Im covering:
    -Brief hello/welcome/introduce staff
    -Foundation stage aim (to lay a foundation for future learning)
    -Very briefly discuss the 4 principles and what they mean
    -What will your child be learning? - the 6 areas. Very brief mention of what each area covers and mention that further details are in the starting school booklet if they want to know more!
    -Active learning - play/outdoor environment
    -What will the school day look like? - routines/timings/playtimes/lunchtimes (short chat from 1 of the dinner ladies)
    -Dates (when do we start in Sept/part time routines etc
    - Visits - tell them when i will be meeting/visiting their child
    -From now until Sept- what they can do to help (talk positively about school/encourage independence particularly with dressing/undressing/toileting etc)
    -Communication/partnership- what to do if theres a problem/child is anxious in mornings etc. How school communicates with you.
    -Admin- which forms need returning
    - You(finish by telling them to plan something for themselves to do on the day to keep them busy!)
    -direct them to tea/coffee and mingle for a chat!!

Hope that helps! Like I said I havent done a parents meeting before but I am following the powerpoint and notes from previous teachers at my school.

2. Don't know if it is too late but we did our new parents meeting this week. I can email you the presentation we use along with the stuff we put in our welcome packs if that is any use?

3. Hi, I know this is an old thread but I am just in the process of planning my new intake meeting for Reception Parents and desperately trying to find a powerpoint presentation/booklet to give out or some sort of resources!! Would you be able to email your information to me or give me an idea of the sorts of things you included?

Thank you,
    Katrina
    Trinalm@hotmail.com

4. I am new to EY and would greatly appreciate the same resources if possible.
    Many thanks in advance.
    missahill100@hotmail.co.uk

5. Hi
    I have sent our stuff hope it helps,
    Helen

6. GemsEYFS

GemsEYFS New commenter

could you be so kind as to save your documents on thne resource section?

Would really like to see some ideas

7. email address please!!

8. Samantha705

Samantha705 New commenter

9. Hi, sorry to be another in a long line, but would really appreciate it if you could email me the info too ?

Many thanks

Briar.cottage@btinternet.com

10. Pow

Pow

11. amfox

amfox New commenter

Please could I have a copy too. many thanks andrea10fox@hotmail.com

12. Hi I know it was 2 years ago, but Im in need of help. Just found out Im in reception Sept and have to do a meeting etc on 15th May - any stuff-ppt, notes etc would be a great starter!
    Julie Taylor
    taylor25@btinternet.com