1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Online Language Learning Game

Discussion in 'Modern foreign languages' started by Nick_321, Mar 1, 2020.

1. Nick_321

Nick_321 New commenter

Hi everyone!

I’m Nick - a computing teacher in London - and I’ve created a free language learning game called ‘Second Voice’.

The game allows students to practise having conversations - they speak to characters in the game, and the characters speak back.

Conversational practice can obviously be hard to arrange, and I’m hoping the game can support the great work MFL teachers do.

You can try it out at secondvoice.online, and see if it’s right for your class. At the moment it covers the basics of Spanish, but if you find it useful I will expand to more languages and more advanced content.

As such, I would love any feedback or ideas you have. Thanks so much, and hope you enjoy the game!

Nick

2. CatherineD6

CatherineD6 New commenter

Hi Nick! I had a go but it's too buggy to play :( During the conversation with the dog it didn't pick up what I was saying, then I had to press "continue" several times randomly, now in the next scene I'm stuck in a conversation with another character with a "small talk" button that doesn't do anything and I can't get out of it. It sounds like a great idea though! Chrome OS/Chrome browser :)