1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New NPQH... at last!!

Discussion in 'Cymru - education news' started by Missysquirrel, Apr 7, 2011.

1. So WAG have finally released details regarding the new NPQH and it's all very rushed it seems with the pilot programme beginning this month where those involved will gain their NPQH by the Autumn.
    The criteria for getting onto the pilot programme is very strict and I don't fit the criteria but will be applying for the programme, lasting an academic year in September.
    Is there anyone else going to apply?

2. Hi there,
    Sorry I have no link to this as this information was given to me during a meeting with a senior advisor. An email was sent to every school in my county (instruction from WAG as part of the process) inviting those interested in learning about the new NPQH.
    The process for NPQH starts in September with and application and will be completed with an assessment in July. You apply to your regional consortium and will be trained and assessed by this consortia. You only have 2 training days within the year and will complete work against the new National Standards for Leadership (which replace the National Standards for Headteachers)
    So you're absolutely right, those before who went through the process last 18 months+ will be mightily hacked off, especially by the pilot process.
    Criteria for pilot NPQH...
    - Has been an acting head for at least a whole term
    - Intend being a serving head shortly
    - Provide strong evidence of standards of headteacher
    - Attend 2 traing days in Summer term
    Only 2 allowed per county. Start April 2001 - November 2011
    That's as much as I know up to now but we were told every county had to inform potential candidates hence an email going to every school. If I hear any more, I'll let you know.

3. Thanks Missysquirrel.