1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Normals

Discussion in 'Personal' started by scienceteachasghost, Jul 1, 2020.

1. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

Are we now in an era where due to degradation of the natural world and our practices it is likely that more global pandemics will strike in a few years, not another 100?

Would we enact the same lockdown procedures if Covid 24 occurred? Could we afford to both economically and socially?

While I accept many posters may have a ‘let’s cross that bridge when we get there’ sentiment, and while I support the lockdown, is there a danger that the human race’s default attitude of ‘the show must go on’ been irreparably damaged by the Coronavirus pandemic?

2. Aquamarina1234

Aquamarina1234 Star commenter

There's already a dodgy pig flu in China. Not sure if it has crossed the species barrier but it's probably a scenario being repeated all over the place.

3. scienceteachasghost

scienceteachasghost Lead commenter

I’ve heard about that AM1234. And it’s fatality rate would exceed Covid.....

4. Ivartheboneless

Ivartheboneless Star commenter

Yep. Maybe the oinkment won't work this time!

Bedlam3 and agathamorse like this.
  5. racroesus

racroesus Star commenter

Is that the groin oinkment?