1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

new maths teacher training programme

Discussion in 'Mathematics' started by bostockj, Jul 14, 2011.

1. For anyone interested in training to teach maths there's a new school-based teacher training programme called Future Teachers. There are still vacancies for September 2011 and you can find out more at http://www.edgehill.ac.uk/education/futureteachers.
    There's also an information evening about teaching science and maths at Bishop Rawstorne CE Language School, Leyland on Monday 18th July 5-7 pm.

2. Hi Julie, am I right in thinking that unlike the GTP this leads to a PGCE?

3. Also, I've just read that the scheme, "will drive school improvement at the subject level". How do you see this happening?

4. I see that you only use Outstanding Schools

I can see why that would be good in some ways ... however I wonder if it actually offers "experience in 2 contrasting schools" ... also ... ime many "outstanding" schools seem to adopt an "our way or the highway" approach to staff and students ... do you think there is a danger of your "future teachers" being driven into pigeon-holes before they even start to teach