1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New Look TES!

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TheoGriff, Sep 16, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just stumbled downstairs and to the computer - and there's a new corporate identity. I had heard rumours, but didn't know any details.
    Congratulations to Gail, Bev and everyone else who have been working in the background here!
    The Forum and Jobs parts of the website seems the same apart from the New Look. They don't seem to have linked up the Archive for the Pre-Sept 2011 searches yet, but I'm sure that will be in hand.
    Haven't yet got the new TES mag - but looking at the website, the TES Pro section seems good.
    Exciting times!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars
    I am timetabled for the October seminars - see you there!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Just stumbled downstairs and to the computer - and there's a new corporate identity. I had heard rumours, but didn't know any details.
    Congratulations to Gail, Bev and everyone else who have been working in the background here!
    The Forum and Jobs parts of the website seems the same apart from the New Look. They don't seem to have linked up the Archive for the Pre-Sept 2011 searches yet, but I'm sure that will be in hand.
    Haven't yet got the new TES mag - but looking at the website, the TES Pro section seems good.
    Exciting times!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

3. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

The layout for the forums is horrible, however, with everything squashed to the left and the big blank, white space to the right being entirely wasted!

4. madenglishgirl

madenglishgirl New commenter

I can't say the layout has changed at all for me! Now if they had sorted out the Google Chrome problem I might be slightly impressed.....but no.

5. I was thinking it looked like the big white page everyone objected to when it last changed. Seren, everything is bang in the middle on my screen - white margins at both sides rather than just the right.

6. Hi all
    We haven't changed the layout of the forums - we've just changed the TES home page and the TES magazine section. Can you try hitting ctrl F5 keys to refresh the view on your screen. Let me know if that sorts out the problem.
    Gail

7. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

I'm glad I mentioned it since it's now sorted! Thanks for that, Gail.
    I don't like the funereal black stripe across the top but it doesn't make me as jittery as an unsymmetrical page does. [​IMG]

8. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

oh...and I don't like the red "apostrophe" after the 't' in the logo - the world has more than enough trouble with rogue apostrophes without wondering whether to wonder whether that's actually an apostrophe or just a wee meaningless symbol.

9. moonpenny

moonpenny New commenter

It's good to have a change every so often.
    Can we swap the quote facility for extra smilies and a Martin's money saver style slogan at the bottom for people to put the website/blog addresses? ) (i.e. 50p in the bank and a week until pay day? [​IMG])
    The trouble with the quote facility is that rather than read the whole of your post and get the overall meaning, some posters tend to quote tiny bits and manage to totally misrepresent what you were trying to say.
    Shifter was right after all.
    For some reason people keep quoting me all the time although, I think it was Quentin Crisp who said that it was better to be talked about then to be not talked about. Hmmm........
    Anyway, any excuse to celebrate is always good.....have a virtual slice of chocolate cake,Tes.[​IMG] (it will have to be pizza....see what I mean about the shortage of smilies?)

10. Doitforfree

Doitforfree Senior commenter

Whenever I se a new logo I assume that there is someone in the company who gets a good salary but doesn't actually have anything to do so they push the idea of needing a revamp to give themselves work. I'd love to know how much the weird new lettering cost. The stupidity of companies never ceases to amaze me.

11. musicaljoke

musicaljoke New commenter

slightly strange front page. A huge long list of links that goes on for miles down the screen. About 3/4 of the screen is white and blank on the right.
    To be honest it looks pretty terrible and as though a pupil made it for fun!

12. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

You need to refresh your screen to see the new look properly.

13. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

Oooooo er missus, makes the TES pages look almost like a website x

14. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

all that black is funereal and the coloured apostrophes on the logo are just plain stupid. change just for the sake of it is a big waste of money imo.

15. Richie Millions

Richie Millions New commenter

How much consultation with users was built into the rebranding exercise Gail sweetie ? x

16. guinnesspuss

guinnesspuss Star commenter

Seems very white all around. Was it like that before? I think it may curtail my forum browsing; too bright. Quite like the logo.
    I'm sure I saw a job yesterday just before I had to dash out, but can't find it today. Are the jobs from last week sent to oblivion on Friday? Haven't looked for a job on here before.

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I've just noticed the promotion video. Some lovely footage of kids on it.
    https://www.tes.co.uk/homepage_video_iframe.html

18. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Unless its closing date was this morning, it should still be there, as they don't take them off until they are out of date.
    Gail says they haven''t changed that part of the website, so I guess that you just need to try a different search.
    And while you are thinking about applying, pop over to the JobSeekers Forum and look at the advice there. Start off in the Welcome thread with the clickables.
    Best wishes

19. BelleDuJour

BelleDuJour Star commenter

TBH the changes don't really bother me. What does bother me is the stupid logging off every time I turn my back.
    Seriously Bev, Gail et al......I log on every day to TES and keep it running. Why? Because I like to dip in and out (especially Rersources) when I have a few minutes in my day. It really is VERY annoying to have to keep logging on. I understand the logging out automatically is to protect numpties who fail to do so themselves when on a public computer. Well, tough luck to them if they're daft enough not to log off.
    Please can you get rid of this annoying feature and allow us sensible users to remain logged on! I am sure I am in the majority in asking this.