1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

NEW living history ww2 blitz site with free topic resources!

Discussion in 'Primary' started by dasboy, May 28, 2011.

1. Hi there - just wanted to let people know about a free offer on my new second world war living history site www.blitzschool.co.uk. The site accompanies my new service providing a living history Air Raid Warden simulated training package to match the qca unit 9 blitz/evacuee history topic.

Basically I deliver the day in role as an ARP warden and take the children through several training tasks that match a real warden's duties, using over 30 genuine artefacts (+ many more reproductions) and all from a (yours truly) QTS teacher's perspective. In other words, all matched up to the curriculum objectives, not only for History but also for English too.

The free part is that the first 20 teachers to PM me will receive site membership in return for some very brief feedback about the website, which by September this year will include a massive range of resources to support your ww2 topic. Eventually I will be offering this as a visit add-on or on a subscription basis, but PM me now if you fancy taking up the offer, or let me know if you have any other queries about the project.

Many thanks,

Darren