1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice
  3. The Teacher Q&A will be closing soon.

If you have any information that you would like to keep or refer to in the future please can you copy and paste the information to a format suitable for you to save or take screen shots of the questions and responses you are interested in.

Don’t forget you can still use the rest of the forums on theTes Community to post questions and get the advice, help and support you require from your peers for all your teaching needs.

Dismiss Notice

New lap top...

Discussion in 'Personal' started by TEACHER16, Mar 3, 2011.

1. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

I am currently in the hunt of a new lap top and as I had to claim on my insurance I have a credit note for the Currys store. I really do not know what to get and was wondering if any one could please help? I was recommended this one in store but the price has gone up over night http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/acer-5742-core-i3-laptop-with-3gb-memory-red-08702347-pdt.html <font face="Times New Roman">The other one I was looking at was this...</font><font face="Times New Roman"> </font><font face="Times New Roman"> </font>http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/dell-inspiron-n5010-15-6-laptop-pink-08702406-pdt.html
    I need help please...

2. I did the same thing myself last week - they sent my code to me on Tuesday and I had my new laptop Tuesday night... I had already done my planning...
    I was replacing a Sony Vaio so I wanted a new Sony Vaio. I was lucky, I got one that was on sale and &pound;100 cheaper than it should have been... so in effect I got the same value laptop as the one that died - but 18 months on... with better specs etc... I was very happy of course....
    Can't help you though.. I'd need to know more about what you want and how much you've got to spend...

3. TEACHER16

TEACHER16 New commenter

Thanks to both of you. I use my lap top for surfing the net and also planning, making resources and watching corri and eastenders online. I also like to make powerpoints and use textease programmes for teaching etc.
    My voucher is for &pound;320 but I would be willing to add another &pound;100.

4. Contrary to littlemissraw, I'd avoid Toshiba and go for a Dell! But it does depend on personal choice re specs.