1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New KS3 ICT SOW

Discussion in 'Computing and ICT' started by rconlon01921, Jun 22, 2009.

1. Hi all,

I was wondering does anyone have any brilliant KS3 ICT SOWs that they would be willing to share? To cut a long story short, I took over the role of KS3 CO-ordinator 2 months ago, the previous co-ordinator did not change any of the SOWS last year in line with the new 2008 curriculum, Ofsted have announced that they will be with us soon and so now it falls to me to create brand new SOWs in a very short space of time. So panic really!
    If anyone knows of any material I could use (temporarily rob!) your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks

2. yes I have developed the lot; lock stock and ..........!
    When is the visit and how would you like to trade?

3. well we have a feeling Ofsted will be october time. Im not 100% sure on what the new topics should look like so any info/ resources you have would be very much appreciated.

4. www.gr82bgeeky.co.uk

If you contact me through that site, i have a FULLY differentiated scheme of work with three levels of activity + functional skills, SEN, G&T provision for Years 7-9.

5. Hi,
    just logged on looking for a SOW for ICT, I am maths teacher who has to teach ICT next year and I was wondering if there was any chance I could get a copy of scheme?

yours in hope
    Damian Watson

6. It might be worth bearing in mind that we are only up to year 8 with the new schemes - they haven't rolled through to year 9 yet. Since it's not just a matter of having the schemes, but also demonstrating that you're teaching them, you'd probably be best off continuing with your old scheme for year 9 (assuming the old scheme is working well and is bedded in - staff will have worked out what works and what doesn't over the years so they are more likely to teach good lessons).
    It's also worth knowing that the new curriculum isn't THAT different from the old one - you might be able to tweak what you're currently doing.
    It's probably a good idea to have a look at what the changes are, so that a) you don't throw the baby away with the bathwater, and b) you are aware of what's different, rather than just adopting someone else's schemes without being fully aware of what is being covered when and why, if you see what I mean!

7. have a look at www.teach-ict.com
    very useful SOW's there

8. JM6699

JM6699 New commenter

To the OP
    I'm in a similar situation to you at a new school. Call me radical, but I've been spending the last few weeks writing a new scheme of work. By all means see what's available out there (and the gr82bgeaky site does seem to have some nice stuff on it) but surely your going to inspire the kids more if you put together your own scheme tailored to where you're working.

9. Hi,
    I have just been assign to ICT role (old teacher left). Hence I need SOW, resources long, medium and short term plans.
    Please outline what you have and your terms and conditions.
    Kind regards
    Tajamal
    ps. my email: shah.taj@hotmail.com