1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

New job when will I get paid?

Discussion in 'Pay and conditions' started by estheexd1, Aug 3, 2020.

1. estheexd1

estheexd1 New commenter

So im starting my job as a ta next month - cant wait but im just wondering as in my contract it says salary is payable monthly In arrears on the 28th
    so would I paid sept 28th or will I have to wait till oct 28 ??

2. Rott Weiler

Rott Weiler Star commenter Forum guide

I'd expect that to mean 28th September. Contact school HR and ask them to confirm that. Only they can give a definitive answer to your question.

border_walker and strawbs like this.
  3. strawbs

strawbs Established commenter

Agree with @Rott Weiler - most likely to be end of Sept. have you been asked to supply bank details yet? That would provide a good opportunity to ask HR when your first payment date will be. I do know (years ago admittedly) some schools made the first payment by cheque if they couldn't guarantee getting bank details sorted in time for their payroll cut off date (likely to be no later than middle of the month, to allow them to get everything sorted for salaries to be paid at the end)

4. thejudgesscoresarein

thejudgesscoresarein Established commenter

Usually would be the 28th September for new starters that start in September, but check your contract.

5. Piranha

Piranha Star commenter

I have worked in many places with similar conditions - they are standard for monthly paid staff. Pay for a month is done shortly before the end of the month. Provided that your banking details are with the school in plenty of time, I think you can be pretty sure that you will get paid on September 28. If you haven't given your bank details yet, make sure you do so promptly when asked.

Congratulation on the job, BTW. Hope it goes well.

strawbs likes this.